5 p.m. Wednesday marked the deadline for registering as a candidate for the Alabama U.S. Senate race.
11 Republicans and eight Democrats will now vie for their party’s nominations on the August 15 primary. If needed, a runoff will take place Sept. 26, with the general election scheduled for Dec. 12.
Here’s the full of list of who’s in the race:
Republicans (in alphabetical order)
- James Beretta: A small business owner in Pelham, Ala.
- Joseph F. Breault: Has qualified to run.
- Dr. Randy Brinson: Former head of the Alabama Christian Coalition and founder of the conservative advocacy group “Redeem the Vote.”
- Mo Brooks: Alabama 5th District U.S. Congressman who first took office in 2011.
- Dominic “Dom” Gentile: Birmingham-area businessman.
- Bryan Peeples: President and CEO of Peeples Consulting.
- Trip Pittman: State Senator from Montrose.
- Mary Maxwell: Ran for U.S. Congress in New Hampshire’s 2nd District in 2006.
- Roy Moore: Former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court.
- Karen Haiden Jackson: A Prattville attorney. Has previously run for other statewide offices as a Democrat.
- Luther Strange: Former Alabama Attorney General appointed to the U.S. Senate in February by former-Gov. Robert Bentley following Jeff Sessions’ confirmation a U.S. Attorney General.
Current Decatur-Republican State Rep. Ed Henry previously entered the race, but in a surprise move withdrew on Wednesday.
Democrats (in alphabetical order)
- Will Boyd: Former Greenville, Ill. City Councilman. Write-in candidate for the U.S. Senate in Illinois in 2010. Democratic nominee for Alabama’s 5th Congressional District in 2016.
- Vann Caldwell: Talladega County
- Jason Fisher: Vice President & Senior Consultant at Ruffalo Noel Levitz, a direct marketing firm specializing in nonprofit development.
- Michael Hansen: Activist and Executive Director of Alabama environmental advocacy group Gasp.
- Doug Jones: A former U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama, now in private practice.
- Robert Kennedy Jr.: Mobile resident.
- Brian McGee: Lee County
- Nana Tchienkou: Jefferson County