GOPAC — a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit that’s dedicated to educating and electing a new generation of Republican leaders — has named Jasper-Republican and Alabama Senate Majority Leader Greg Reed to its 2018 Legislative Leaders Advisory Board.
“Members of our 2018 Legislative Leaders Advisory Board will be essential in our efforts to build a roster of Republicans ready to lead,” said GOPAC Chairman David Avella.
The Board members promote the ideas they are championing by addressing elected officials, candidates and members at GOPAC events and via its digital program.
In addition, they nominate a promising state legislator for the Emerging Leaders Program and provide updates on key legislative and political developments.
Membership is a one-year term.
The full list of members, as provided, is below:
State Senate members:
- President Jack Whitver (IA)
- President Pro Tempore Bob Peterson (OH)
- Majority Leader Greg Reed (AL)
- Majority Leader Kimberly Yee (AZ)
- Majority Leader Damon Thayer (KY)
- Majority Leader Ryan Ferns (WV)
- Deputy Majority Leader Jeremy Miller (MN)
- Assistant Minority Leader Ben Kieckhefer (NV)
- Majority Whip Steven Gooch (GA)
- Minority Whip Steve Hershey (MD)
- Health Policy Committee Chair Dana Young (FL)
- Finance Committee Chair Catharine Young (NY)
- Appropriations Committee Chair Kim David (OK)
- Finance, Ways and Means Committee Chair Bo Watson (TN)
- Health and Human Services Committee Chair Charles Schwertner (TX)
- Rules Committee Chair Deidre Henderson (UT)
- Rehabilitation and Social Services Committee Chair Bryce Reeves (VA)
State House / Assembly members:
- Speaker Tom Leonard (MI)
- Speaker Philip Gunn (MS)
- Speaker Tim Moore (NC)
- Speaker Cliff Rosenberger (OH)
- Speaker Charles McCall (OK)
- Speaker Pro Tempore Tyler August (WI)
- Majority Leader Mathew Pitsch (AR)
- Majority Leader Lance Harris (LA)
- Deputy Minority Floor Leader James Oscarson (NV)
- Judiciary Committee Chair Chris Sprowls (FL)
- Policy Committee Chair Kerry Benninghoff (PA)
- Public Health Committee Chair Four Price (TX)
- Finance, Ways and Means Subcommittee Chair Gerald McCormick (TN)