Alabama Power hosted its Power of Leadership luncheon Wednesday focusing on diversity in technology careers with a panel of experts moderated by journalist Soledad O’Brien.
O’Brien is producer and host of the weekly political news magazine “Matter of Fact,” and the panel discussed the challenges minorities face in securing technology careers and effective ways to develop a diverse workforce.
The panel included:
- Randall Woodfin, mayor of Birmingham
- Angela Benton, founder and CEO of NewME Accelerator
- Megan Rose Dickey, reporter with TechCrunch
- Greg Greenlee, founder of Blacks in Technology, and
- Chokwe Antar Lumumba, mayor of Jackson, Mississippi.
The 2018 Power of Leadership honorees were:
- Anthony Hood, UAB
- Shegun Otulana, TheraNest
- Charisse Stokes, Tidal IT Solutions.
You can watch the entire panel discussion below.
Republished with permission from the Alabama NewsCenter.