The survey asked 275,000 registered voters in all 50 states to evaluate the job performance of their state’s chief executive from January 1 to March 31 of this year.
Ivey’s no.3 spot remains unchanged from the fourth quarter of 2017. She also has a 52 percent net approval rating.
For the fifth quarter in a row, America’s 10 most popular governors are all Republicans.
The 10 most popular governors, according to the poll (in order):
- Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker
- Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey
- Vermont Gov. Phil Scott
- New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu
- South Dakota Governor Dennis Daugaard
- Wyoming Governor Matt Mead
- Utah Governor Gary Herbert
- North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum
- Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval
Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin, Illinois Gov. Bruce Rainer, New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez, and Maine Gov. Paul Lepage make the list for the top five least popular governors.