The Alabama Republican Assembly — a grassroots organization tasked with reforming the Republican Party for the vast and disenfranchised majority of its members: Reagan conservatives, who believe in small government, lower taxes, free market capitalism, a strong defense, the right to life, and a decent America — has made its endorsements for the 2018 primary runoff election.
The group recently met in Northport, Ala., where they voted on their recommendations for statewide and federal offices ahead of the primary runoffs on July 17.
Below are the candidates the group believes are most committed to conservative values, the rule of law, and changing the corrupt culture in politics:
- Attorney General: Troy King
- Commissioner of Agriculture: Rick Pate
- Associate Justice Place 1: Sarah Stewart
- Court of Civil Appeals Place 1: Michelle Manley Thomason
- Court of Criminal Appeals Place 2: Chris McCool
United States Congress
- U.S. Congress District 2: Martha Roby