State House Democrats return to Montgomery in March with some new faces on their leadership team. The Alabama House Democratic Caucus elected the members of their leadership team this week.
Leading the body once more is Hunstville-Democrat, State Rep. Anthony Daniels who will continue as Democratic Leader.
“I am honored to continue to serve in this role and with this great leadership team,” said Daniels. “There is a lot of work ahead of us and I could not imagine a more dedicated group of leaders and caucus members to tackle critical challenges and issues in Alabama.”
Five of the nine leaders are new members of caucus leadership.
2019 Alabama House Democratic Caucus Leadership:
- Rep. Anthony Daniels, Minority Leader
- Rep. Merika Coleman, Assistant Minority Leader
- Rep. Christopher England, Caucus Chair*
- Rep. Barbara Drummond, Caucus Vice Chair
- Rep. Kelvin Lawrence, Secretary/Treasurer*
- Rep. Adline Clarke, Caucus Whip
- Rep. Jeremy Gray, Caucus Whip*
- Rep. Tashina Morris, Caucus Whip*
- Rep. Prince Chestnut, Policy Committee At-Large*
*denotes newly elected leader
The newly elected Caucus Chair Christopher England said, “I am honored and humbled to serve our caucus in this capacity. I am looking forward to working with the members of the leadership team and the caucus overall to build a better Alabama.”
The 2019 Regular Session is slated to begin on March 5, 2019.