The primary elections are over, but some highly sought spots still remain open due to the primary races resulting in runoffs. One of those races is for the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals Place 2.
With that in mind, here are the five things you need to know about Chris McCool:
1. Has served on the Executive Committee of the Alabama District Attorneys Association (ADAA) for 10 years.
During that time he’s served in multiple roles: as President, Vice President, and Treasurer.
2. He’s won a lot of awards for the work he’s done.
In 2007, he was named “Prosecutor of the Year” by VOCAL (Victims of Crime and Leniency) and “District Attorney of the Year” by the ADAA. He was also named “Prosecutor of the Year” by the Alabama Forest Owners Association in 2012.
3. He’s worked as an adjunct professor.
McCool was an adjunct professor in the Trial Advocacy Program at the University of Alabama, School of Law from 1998 to 2000.
4. He knows a thing or two about farming.
He lives on, and manages, the farm that has been in his family for five generations.
5. Roll Tide Roll (need we say any more?).
McCool graduated from the University of Alabama in 1990, with a bachelor’s degree in History and Classics, and the University of Alabama, School of Law in 1993.