With many industries in the U.S. ground to a halt because of the coronavirus social distancing restrictions, the personal-finance website WalletHub on Tuesday released its report on the States Slowing Down the Most During the COVID-19 Pandemic, and found Alabama to be the 6th least slowed-down state.
In order to find out which states are slowing down most during the COVID-19 pandemic, WalletHub used Google data to compare the 50 states across six key metrics. Each metric measures the percentage point increase or decrease in visits to various types of places due to coronavirus.
Slowdown due to COVID-19 in Alabama (1= most slowed, 25= avg.):
- 44th – Retail and recreation mobility changes
- 47th – Grocery & Pharmacy mobility changes
- 26th – Parks mobility changes
- 40th – Transit stations mobility changes
- 46th – Workplaces mobility changes
- 44th – Residential mobility changes