Alabama voters returned to the polls Tuesday to decide runoff races 41 of Alabama’s 67 counties to choose party nominees for the November General Election.
Only races that didn’t have a majority of votes in the March 1, 2016 Primary Election held a runoff election. By Alabama law, a candidate must receive of at least 50 percent to be declared a winner and avoid a runoff.
State Board of Education: Member District 1
- Matthew Brown: 38.6%
- Jackie Zeigler: 61.4% – WINNER
State Board of Education: Member District 7
- Jim Bonner: 37.9%
- Jeff Newman: 62.1% – WINNER
Circuit Court Judge, 10th Judicial Circuit: Place 11
- Brendette Brown Green: 51.6% – WINNER
- Linda Hall: 41.4%
Circuit Court Judge, 10th Judicial Circuit: Place 25
- Roderick “Rod” Evans: 27.1%
- Reginald L. Jeter: 72.8% – WINNER
Circuit Court Judge, 10th Judicial Circuit: Place 26
- Michael Steely: 53.5% – WINNER
- Everett W. Wess: 46.5%
Circuit Court Judge, 18th Judicial Circuit: Place 4
- Lara McCauley Alvis: 51% – WINNER
- Patrick Kennedy: 49%
District Attorney, 20th Judicial Circuit
- Patrick B. “Pat” Jones: 56.4% – WINNER
- Gary Ray Maxwell: 43.6%
For specific county results, please visit the Alabama Votes website.