Donald Trump says Fox News Channel apologized in their feud leading up to Thursday’s presidential debate in Iowa, but he was still a no-show for the last scheduled forum before voters begin to make their voices heard.
Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes, in conversations with Trump, “acknowledged his concerns” about a statement the network had made in the days leading up to the debate, Fox said. But Fox said Trump had demanded a $5 million contribution to his charities in order to appear, which the network rejected.
The network and presidential contender had been feuding since Trump demanded Megyn Kelly be removed as a debate moderator.
Republished with permission of the Associated Press.