In the wake of the midterm elections, the Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) announced their new leadership team as they look ahead to the future. Among their new leaders is Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall.
Marshall was appointed in February 2017 by then governor Robert Bentley to replace Luther Strange as Attorney General. Last Tuesday, he was elected to the position from the first time defeating Democratic challenger Joseph Siegelman, 59 to 41 percent.
Along with Marshall, the 2018-2019 RAGA executive committee includes:
- Chairman Ken Paxton, Texas
- Vice-Chairman Curtis Hill, Indiana
- Attorney General Chris Carr, Georgia
- Attorney General Jeff Landry, Louisiana
- Attorney General Doug Peterson, Nebraska
- Attorney General Sean Reyes, Utah
- Attorney General Leslie Rutledge, Arkansas (past Chairman, 2017-2018)
- Attorney General Derek Schmidt, Kansas