The approval came by acclamation from the 400-plus member Alabama Republican Executive Committee during the ALGOP’s Winter Meeting at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center (BJCC) in downtown Birmingham this past weekend.
This will be will Lathan’s third-term in the position. She ran unopposed.
Below are a few items Lathan is “exceptionally proud” that highlight her and her team’s accomplishments in the 2018 election cycle:
- Another record-breaking general election: a statewide officer sweep, additional seats in the Alabama legislature with 71 Democrat to Republican seats flipped resulting in devastating defeat of the so called ‘Blue Wave’ in Alabama
- Raising over $1.188 million that fully funded our campaign plan and annual Party needs
- Funding and executing a seamless successful 2018 general election plan
- Added races expanding our base plan which produced big wins
- Defending and growing GOP seats in 29 counties that had head-to-head races with Democrats
- Maintained an aggressive year-round social media footprint to push our Party content and messaging
Lathan is a native of Mobile, Alabama where she lives with her husband, Jerry. They have two adult children. She is a former public school teacher and has been volunteering with the Republican Party for over 40 years. She has served as Chairman of the Alabama Republican Party since February 2015, making her the longest serving female ALGOP state chairman. If re-elected will be the longest serving chair since 1985.