Robert Bentley responds to impeachment threats

2

On Tuesday, Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley responded to impeachment threats that surfaced last week.

“For five years, I have faithfully served the people of Alabama,” Bentley said in a news release. “There are no grounds for impeachment, and I will vigorously defend myself and my administration from this political attack.”

In the statement, Bentley cited the “great progress” that has been made under his administration in streamlining how state government operates, which has saved Alabama taxpayers about $1 billion annually.

Bentley added that the articles of impeachment being brought forth are little more than “political grandstanding intended to grab headlines and take the focus away from the important issues the Legislature still has to address before the end of the session.”

“There is a lot of work to do before I end my term in office in 2019,” Bentley said. “I have laid out a strategic plan for success, and I will continue to focus my efforts on making Alabama a great state. That is what the people of Alabama overwhelmingly elected and re-elected me to do. I will continue to work hard for them every day.”

Share.

2 Comments

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons
Processing...
Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
Sign-up for Alabama Today's The Cheat Sheet
The morning read of Alabama politics
ErrorHere
%d bloggers like this: