Alabama 5th District U.S. Congressman Mo Brooks was joined by 22 of his House colleagues on Tuesday, including Alabama 1st District U.S. Rep. Bradley Byrne and 4th District U.S. Rep. Robert Aderholt, in sending a letter to U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions urging him to devote more resources to protect American election integrity from foreigners who illegally interfere in American elections by illegally voting in them.
“Every single illegal vote by a foreigner in American elections dilutes and cancels the votes of American citizens and rightful voters!” exclaimed Brooks. “All Americans, whether Democrat or Republican, should agree that foreigners should not be influencing U.S. elections. Unfortunately, too many partisans single out Russian involvement in America’s 2016 election (even though there is no evidence the Russians successfully tricked a single voter into casting a bad vote) while turning a blind eye to the greatest provable foreign influence on American elections: illegal foreigner voting.”
According to research by the Public Interest Legal Foundation, 3,120 foreigners were registered to vote and/or removed between 2006 and 2018 in just 13 sanctuary jurisdictions. Meanwhile, there are thousands of voting jurisdictions across the country.
“My colleagues and I strongly urge Attorney General Sessions to devote the necessary resources to investigate and prosecute voting fraud by foreigners. After all, we are the United States, not the United Nations,” Brooks continued.
The letter specifically asks Sessions to “thoroughly investigate all instances of forge in nationals, visa holders, refugees, and other noncitizen that are either included in voter databases or have been found to cast ballots in any election and prosecute those violations fully.”
Click HERE for a PDF of the letter.
Letter signers are:
- Congressman Mo Brooks (AL-05)
- Congressman Bradley Byrne (AL-01)
- Congressman Robert Aderholt (AL-04)
- Congressman Brian Babin (TX-36)
- Congressman Lou Barletta (PA-11)
- Congressman Andy Biggs (AZ-05)
- Congressman Dave Brat (VA-07)
- Congressman Paul Cook (CA-08)
- Congressman Warren Davidson (OH-08)
- Congressman Jeff Duncan (SC-03)
- Congressman Matt Gaetz (FL-01)
- Congressman Louie Gohmert (TX-01)
- Congressman Paul Gosar (AZ-04)
- Congressman Jody Hice (GA-10)
- Congressman Walter Jones (NC-03)
- Congressman Tom McClintock (CA-04)
- Congressman Ralph Norman (SC-05)
- Congressman Scott Perry (PA-04)
- Congressman Lamar Smith (TX-21)
- Congressman Daniel Webster (FL-11)
- Congressman Ted Yoho (FL-03)